Olympus D340R memory card/camedia question

Old October 16th 04, 01:31 PM
dale dahlke

Default Olympus D340R memory card/camedia question

I moved from Windows 98 to a Windows XP machine. I loaded my Camedia
software on it and descovered that the new computer will not download
from the camera when I use my 64mb memory card. The old computer does
it fine.

The new computer will download pictures from the 8mb memory card that
came with the camera, but does not recognize the file types when I use
the 64mb card.

I have never had my camera upgraded by Olympus to use the bigger
memory cards. I just bought the 64 mb card and used it. I did discover
you can format the memory card on the camera, which allows them to
write faster, but that format is not recognized by my usb card reader.
If I format the card on my computer, the camera will use it, but it
takes the camera a lot longer to write a picture to the card.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dale
Old October 16th 04, 05:02 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky

I have never had my camera upgraded by Olympus to use the bigger
memory cards. I just bought the 64 mb card and used it.

Interesting; I had though the problem was that the camera couldn't deal with
the larger card without the upgrade.

The new computer will download pictures from the 8mb memory card that
came with the camera, but does not recognize the file types when I use
the 64mb card.

Shouldn't be the computer causing the problem, unless you've got an ancient
card reader that doesn't have the electronics to read the bigger cards.
Eearlier ones didn't, but anything purchased in the last five years
certainly should!

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

m...