[SI] Mandate Date Changes

Old May 18th 13, 05:02 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

Default [SI] Mandate Date Changes

To accomodate the holiday schedule and my work/travel schedule, I've
pushed the due dates for the next two mandates back a bit. The new due
dates a

Furnitu June 2nd, 2013

Grilling/Outdoor Cooking: July 14th, 2013

More info:

The galleries:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/furniture

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bbq_outdoor_cooking

For you noobs, the Shoot-In is a monthly exercise that was concieved a
long time ago, in a galaxy far,far away, but has survivied nearly 10
years since the first mandate. This isn't a contest; we shoot for
entertainment. For more info, please see the rulz page he

http://upload.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

And don't forget the mandate following Furniture, which has already
been announced:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bbq_outdoor_cooking

Lastly, how about some ideas for the 10th anniversary edition of the
Shoot-In? It will occur in August of this year, so get those synapses
firing and post some suggestions!
Old May 18th 13, 05:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Frank S

"Bowser" wrote in message
[...]

RotTEN
ForgotTEN
TENacious
TENse
OsTENtatious
AbsTENtion
Malicious inTENt
TENts
Decimate
ConTENd
ConTENt
CONtent
et cetera, and so on, and so, on and doobie doobie do

--
Frank ess

Old May 18th 13, 06:20 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2013.05.18 12:02 , Bowser wrote:

Lastly, how about some ideas for the 10th anniversary edition of the
Shoot-In? It will occur in August of this year, so get those synapses
firing and post some suggestions!

Why not celebrate by having a variation of the first SI event:

Pinhole.

You turn a map[1] of your region upside down and lay it on the
floor.

You close your eyes and drop three pins on the map. Where they
fall on the map, you punch a hole to the other side. If it
falls on a river or lake and too far from shore you can re-drop.

Where each pin comes through you go to that location and make
an interesting photo with what you find there. Must be within
300 metres of the pin location (to avoid certain compositions
such as: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/21112536 ;-)

Kudos for GPS tagging.

[1] I suggest a map of at least 25 x 25 km and up to 100 x 100 km.

--
"A Canadian is someone who knows how to have sex in a canoe."
-Pierre Berton
Old May 18th 13, 08:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-05-18 10:20:51 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

On 2013.05.18 12:02 , Bowser wrote:

Lastly, how about some ideas for the 10th anniversary edition of the
Shoot-In? It will occur in August of this year, so get those synapses
firing and post some suggestions!

Why not celebrate by having a variation of the first SI event:

Pinhole.

Have we not already done "Pinhole Project II"?

You turn a map[1] of your region upside down and lay it on the
floor.

You close your eyes and drop three pins on the map. Where they
fall on the map, you punch a hole to the other side. If it
falls on a river or lake and too far from shore you can re-drop.

Where each pin comes through you go to that location and make
an interesting photo with what you find there. Must be within
300 metres of the pin location (to avoid certain compositions
such as: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/21112536 ;-)

Kudos for GPS tagging.

[1] I suggest a map of at least 25 x 25 km and up to 100 x 100 km.

Savageduck

Old May 18th 13, 08:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2013-05-18 10:20:51 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

On 2013.05.18 12:02 , Bowser wrote:

Lastly, how about some ideas for the 10th anniversary edition of the
Shoot-In? It will occur in August of this year, so get those synapses
firing and post some suggestions!

Why not celebrate by having a variation of the first SI event:

Pinhole.

Have we not already done "Pinhole Project II"?

Appears I missed it. But it has been a few years.

Old May 19th 13, 01:31 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

:
[...]

Too easy to find yourself in dangerous, uninteresting, or inaccessible
locations.

Bob
Old May 19th 13, 01:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Sat, 18 May 2013 09:51:13 -0700, "Frank S" wrote:
:
: "Bowser" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

We could photograph people or things that are ten years old. (As it happens, I
have a grandson who's ten, but obviously that doesn't figure in this
suggestion.)

Or we could throw it open and require each person to provide his own
idiosyncratic take on "ten".

Bob
Old May 19th 13, 02:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke[_2_]

Default Mandate Date Changes

In article ce7d28bc-1d61-460d-ae88-05e1c12304c7
@b2g2000yqe.googlegroups.com, says...

On May 19, 8:31*am, Robert Coe wrote:
On Sat, 18 May 2013 13:20:51 -0400, Alan wrote:

[...]

Thankfully, we don't all live in rust-belt U.S. cities.

So you think that fenced private land and dangerous locations are
exclusive to "rust-belt U.S. cities"?

Old May 19th 13, 03:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

wrote:
[...]

Didn't stop anyone the first and second times a Pin Drop was done.

Really - there is no imperative to go somewhere inaccessible or
dangerous. Just re-drop the pin or do best effort near the inaccessible
area. Common sense is always permitted. Really.

Old May 19th 13, 03:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2013.05.19 09:18 , RichA wrote:
[...]

Broken down factories and urban decay make for some of the best
photographic opportunities.