[SI] Lines and Interestions is available for viewing (and critiquing...)

Old March 8th 10, 12:27 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bowser

Default [SI] Lines and Interestions is available for viewing (and critiquing...)

The latest gallery of the world famous Shoot-In is now posted and
available for viewing. It includes, God forbid, a submission by
AniBrett (which looks like scanned film..?).

Enjoy:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/linesintersections
Old March 8th 10, 01:22 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ray

On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 19:27:47 -0500, Bowser wrote:

The latest gallery of the world famous Shoot-In is now posted and
available for viewing. It includes, God forbid, a submission by AniBrett
(which looks like scanned film..?).

Enjoy:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/linesintersections

Just wondering - what is an "interestion"?
Old March 8th 10, 01:37 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Bowser wrote:
The latest gallery of the world famous Shoot-In is now posted and
available for viewing. It includes, God forbid, a submission by
AniBrett (which looks like scanned film..?).

Enjoy:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/linesintersections

Thanks Bowser!

My comments:

Ski Tracks
Interesting framing, a bold approach to filling a tall portrait frame.
Subtle cross-path.

Tree Down on Lines
Oh, the temptation to drive under that... not smart though, I guess.
Well captured.

Freeway Cloverleaf
What are the partial v-shaped (paths?)?

Eleaphant Skin?
Nice rich textures pique my curiosity.

Tree Hacked around power lines
Ha! That's by far the worst I've seen, but I guess if it works it works.
Funny there's a replacement pole lying on the ground.

Geologic Folds
Dizzying/disturbing... I like geologic curiosities.

Train Track Junction
The green area and yellow sign make a curious relief.

Palm Reading
Beautifully executed for such a simple concept.

High Tension Power Lines
Strong composition.

Welded Wire Mesh
I like the bits of twigs & bark, how they jump into the game to play.

Farm Furrows
Mine. D700, 180mm, f/2.8, 1/125 sec, ISO 800 at sunrise.
Contrast added to raw in post.

Living Room
Nice architectural harmony.

High Rise
Classic slice of Americana.

Laser Light Show
Pink Floyds 1970? g
Interesting to follow the moire patterns and contemplate.

Roman Aqueduct
Well captured, beautiful sky. Seems to be modern construction for
pedestrians?

Roof Tiles & Cinder Blocks
Harsh contrast. I can see this as an illustration for some specific
magazine article.

Stacked Bricks
Surprising how long I lingered on this apparently plain scene.

Barbed Wire
Is this a very long lens? I know barbed wire pretty well but never saw
such dense spacing. Nice topsy-turvy composition with the wandering wire
and leaning poles.

Lines On the Tracks
Hmm, what is this? There aren't any rail road tracks... The curvy line
must be the work of a child g.

Knit
Rich detail.

Ball of Yarn
The shadow and wood texture add life to this.

Mesh in Perspective
Haunting. Anxious.

Bridge Snow
I really like this. The glow does not look like f/11 but I like it.

Chinatown Corner
I love how the garish banner doesn't really even stand out much in this
dense scene g.

Psychedelic Orchid
Shazam! :-)

Freeway Crossing
Interesting interplay between the tall subtle poles and horizontal
roads, with the vertical buildings playing third fiddle. Um, OK I
finally noticed the Jesus billboard :-|

Cathedral & Skyscraper
Fascinating surreal juxtaposition.

Round Causeway Above
Neat architectural feature well captured. Looking the other way would
have been quite different if everyone was coming toward the camera.

Skyscrapers
The tilt works well for this. I still like the tight cropped one you
posted in another thread.

Old March 8th 10, 01:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

ray wrote:
On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 19:27:47 -0500, Bowser wrote:

The latest gallery of the world famous Shoot-In is now posted and
available for viewing. It includes, God forbid, a submission by AniBrett
(which looks like scanned film..?).

Enjoy:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/linesintersections

Just wondering - what is an "interestion"?

Interesting question!

:-)
Old March 8th 10, 01:53 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 10-03-07 20:22 , ray wrote:
On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 19:27:47 -0500, Bowser wrote:

The latest gallery of the world famous Shoot-In is now posted and
available for viewing. It includes, God forbid, a submission by AniBrett
(which looks like scanned film..?).

Enjoy:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/linesintersections

Just wondering - what is an "interestion"?

"Honey, come pick me up. The cops just arrested me at the interestion
for DUI."

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
Old March 8th 10, 02:04 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Peter[_7_]

"Paul Furman" wrote in message

Bridge Snow
I really like this. The glow does not look like f/11 but I like it.

It was f11 and HDR with two variations of a single raw image. I put a
Gaussian blur on the background.

Chinatown Corner
I love how the garish banner doesn't really even stand out much in this
dense scene g.

I tried to convey a very busy interesction, where everything merged into a
blur. I applied an HDR on three variations of the raw image.

Psychedelic Orchid
Shazam! :-)

Had a couple of beers before post processing.

Thanks for your comments.

--
Peter

Old March 8th 10, 02:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

---------------------

Tree Hacked around power lines
Ha! That's by far the worst I've seen, but I guess if it works it
works. Funny there's a replacement pole lying on the ground.

PG&E gave up on it 3 days after I took the shot. The tree is gone.

Geologic Folds
Dizzying/disturbing... I like geologic curiosities.

Folds in the Rinconada Fault, near Lake Nacimiento, part of the
Oceanic-West Huasna Fault Zone, California. Definitely lines and
intersections in a geological sense.

Train Track Junction
The green area and yellow sign make a curious relief.

Just another cliche. I had a few other shots in mind, the Hwy 41 & Hwy
46 intersection at Cholame, site of the September 30, 1955 collision
between Donald Turnupseed & James Dean, for example.

------

Thanks for the feed back.

Farm Furrows
Mine. D700, 180mm, f/2.8, 1/125 sec, ISO 800 at sunrise.
Contrast added to raw in post.

....and this idea was also one I had considered using vineyards, but I
the salad crop with irrigation lines works nicely, along with the foggy
tree line. (Isuspect there is a stream hidden in those trees.)

Savageduck

Old March 8th 10, 02:22 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tim Conway[_2_]

Bowser wrote:
The latest gallery of the world famous Shoot-In is now posted and
available for viewing. It includes, God forbid, a submission by
AniBrett (which looks like scanned film..?).

Enjoy:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/linesintersections

Thanks Bowser!

My comments:

Living Room
Nice architectural harmony.

High Rise
Classic slice of Americana.

Laser Light Show
Pink Floyds 1970? g
Interesting to follow the moire patterns and contemplate.

Actually, believe it or not, it's neon beer signs in a bar window with a
long shutter speed and my doing a little "dance".
I'd probably never be able to duplicate it, but it was fun.
Thanks for commenting.

Old March 8th 10, 02:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Russell D.

On 03/07/2010 05:27 PM, Bowser wrote:
The latest gallery of the world famous Shoot-In is now posted and
available for viewing. It includes, God forbid, a submission by
AniBrett (which looks like scanned film..?).

Enjoy:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/linesintersections

Hey, it's still early here. Isn't the deadline like midnight. Anyway I
just sent three. Hope they are not too late.

Thanks,

Russell
Old March 8th 10, 02:44 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Savageduck wrote:
Paul Furman said:

Tree Hacked around power lines
Ha! That's by far the worst I've seen, but I guess if it works it
works. Funny there's a replacement pole lying on the ground.

PG&E gave up on it 3 days after I took the shot. The tree is gone.

What the hell? It looked solved to me.

Geologic Folds
Dizzying/disturbing... I like geologic curiosities.

Folds in the Rinconada Fault, near Lake Nacimiento, part of the
Oceanic-West Huasna Fault Zone, California. Definitely lines and
intersections in a geological sense.

Here we call that Franciscan Melange.
jumbled mess

Thanks for the feed back.

Thanks for playing.

Farm Furrows
Mine. D700, 180mm, f/2.8, 1/125 sec, ISO 800 at sunrise.
Contrast added to raw in post.

...and this idea was also one I had considered using vineyards, but I
the salad crop with irrigation lines works nicely, along with the foggy
tree line. (Isuspect there is a stream hidden in those trees.)

Jesus. I did not even notice the fog in the stream bed! Lettuce was my
best guess, thanks for confirming. This was a ways south of Gilroy
(garlic territory in summer).