[SI] Lines and Interestions is available for viewing (and critiquing...)

Old March 11th 10, 02:15 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Stuffed Crust[_2_]

Default [SI] Lines and Interestions is available for viewing (and critiquing...)

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Bowser wrote:
Damn. My stomach gets to rolling just mentioning the name "White
Castle."

....yeah, every time I go to visit family near Indy (Lapel) I make sure I
get a sackful of 'em, as the rest of my travel companions look at me
with a mixture of amusement and disgust.

- Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet dot org
Melbourne, FL ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^
Old March 11th 10, 02:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tim Conway[_2_]

"Stuffed Crust" wrote in message
g.com...
In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Bowser wrote:
Damn. My stomach gets to rolling just mentioning the name "White
Castle."

...yeah, every time I go to visit family near Indy (Lapel) I make sure I
get a sackful of 'em, as the rest of my travel companions look at me
with a mixture of amusement and disgust.

That's probably like Pennsylvanians and Tastykakes. Either Bill Cosby or
David Brenner (I forget which one) used to tell a story about coming back to
LA with a suitcase full of Tastykake cakes and pies etc. and trying to
explain to the police that they really weren't smuggling anything. They
just missed the hometown snack. LOL They are good.

Old March 11th 10, 03:39 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tony Cooper

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 09:38:03 -0500, "Tim Conway"
wrote:

"Stuffed Crust" wrote in message
ng.com...
In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Bowser wrote:
Damn. My stomach gets to rolling just mentioning the name "White
Castle."

...yeah, every time I go to visit family near Indy (Lapel) I make sure I
get a sackful of 'em, as the rest of my travel companions look at me
with a mixture of amusement and disgust.

That's probably like Pennsylvanians and Tastykakes. Either Bill Cosby or
David Brenner (I forget which one) used to tell a story about coming back to
LA with a suitcase full of Tastykake cakes and pies etc. and trying to
explain to the police that they really weren't smuggling anything. They
just missed the hometown snack. LOL They are good.

Carrying cupcakes cross-country is one thing, but a sack of cold,
greasy, burgers is quite another.

My wife and I recently visited a couple that she had gone to high
school with in Rockford, Illinois. The couple was down here on
vacation. They brought several bags of Mrs Fisher's Potato Chips with
them for my wife. It's a brand that is not available in this area and
my wife dearly loves them.

I can't think of any edible product that I'd like brought to me from
my hometown of Indianapolis. Maybe a six-pack of Wiedemann's beer to
see if it's a vile as people tell me. That was the cheap beer of
choice when I (illegally age-wise) started drinking beer. At the
time, all beer tasted vile to me, but it was "cool" to drink beer.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old March 11th 10, 03:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tim Conway[_2_]

wrote:

"Stuffed Crust" wrote in message
ing.com...
[...]

My best friend in high school and I would take a quart of his Dad's
Stegemeyer beer he brought home and drink it thinking we were so "cool". It
definately isn't the best beer, but I liked it. In later years when I could
legally buy it, Gennesee Cream Ale of New York was a favorite. Now, though,
the best most consistently good beer I've found is Coors Original (Banquet
Beer).

I can identify with the potato chips too. We have a few favorite brands
he: Martin's Kettle Cooked, Utz's, Herr's etc.

Old March 11th 10, 09:24 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 10-03-11 8:16 , Bowser wrote:
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 15:48:09 -0500, Alan Browne

NAWC Indy, I presume.

I think so, but I'm not 100% sure. It was Navy, then Hughes, now
Raytheon. Located on 21st st. Huge plant with the most amazing
flooring system I've ever seen; acres of hardwood with about a foot of
foundation to prevent any vibrations or resonance in the facillity.
They built the Norden bombsights for use during WW II, but have a very
different mission now. And there's a White Castle right around the
corner on Shadeland Ave.

Yep, sounds like NAWC Indy. They were de-governmentalized around 2001
or so with many of the government employees following into it. They
tried to get me to bid our product against a long standing incumbent.
(Who had a very good system, BTW).

Would have required a pretty good NRE investment on our side (FFF),
qualifying and then being permitted to bid. I asked them to pay the NRE
to get us into competition (the usual way) and they refused. So I
walked on it - they really just wanted to spook the incumbent's price down.

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
Old March 12th 10, 02:07 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bowser

"Stuffed Crust" wrote in message
g.com...
In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Bowser wrote:
Damn. My stomach gets to rolling just mentioning the name "White
Castle."

...yeah, every time I go to visit family near Indy (Lapel) I make sure I
get a sackful of 'em, as the rest of my travel companions look at me
with a mixture of amusement and disgust.

What? Harold and Kumar were wrong? Never.

Old March 13th 10, 02:24 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Peter[_7_]

"Bill Graham" wrote in message

I think Bret's post was a, "tongue-in-cheek" comment on your
technology.....He was just kidding you.......

And here I thought you would be posting a complaint about your taxes paying
for the power lines, just so they could be used in the SI.

--
Peter