Lightroom 6 vs HDR Express-HDR comparison

Old May 6th 15, 02:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default Lightroom 6 vs HDR Express-HDR comparison

I took a series of 4 exposures of the moon with the intention of HDR
processing. 500mm mirror lens, with a 1.4x TC, manual mode on the
camera, including manual focus, tripod with mirror lockup:

These are the results from LR6 and HDR Express:
http://adobe.ly/1OYSq4B

http://adobe.ly/1Ie3mWo

The moon - or my camera - was moving between exposures, and the
software had to align the moon in the exposures. It looks to me like
HDR Express did a much better job with that, and that end result looks
much sharper.

So now I have to decide if I want to spend yet another $80 on HDR
Express. Separately, if you own any bit of On1 software, you are
eligible for the upgrade pricing on the entire 9.5 suite. And then,
after I put a couple of things in the shopping cart to check
something, I backed out, and On1 sent me an email with a 10% discount
if I went back to the cart. So I did, and then backed out again, and
now they are offering a 15% discount. So now that's down to about $68.
I think I'm heading over to GoFundMe.
Old May 6th 15, 07:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Bill W wrote:

[...]

Not sure I see any real difference as far as HDR goes. Not sure which photo is
which either

Here's a shot of the moon I took a couple of weeks ago:

http://jonaseklundh.se/pages/Moon

No HDR.

--
Sandman
Old May 6th 15, 08:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On 6 May 2015 06:48:59 GMT, Sandman wrote:

In article , Bill W wrote:

[...]

I don't see any people walking around on your moon either. And it
looks like you have the same moon over there.
Old May 6th 15, 05:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/5/2015 9:22 PM, Bill W wrote:
[...]

I have been using onOne for several years. I started with Resize, but
the price of upgrade for the whole suite was so little I went for it. I
am gradually starting to play with the other modules. Also. their
telephone support is great.

--
PeterN
Old May 6th 15, 07:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Wed, 06 May 2015 12:14:56 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 5/5/2015 9:22 PM, Bill W wrote:
[...]

When I decided to spend all that money to upgrade my computer, I
decided that I might as well just buy all the software I'm ever going
to want, and get it over with. So I bought the 9.5 suite, and I'll be
buying HDR Express later today. And that's that. No more. I really
mean it this time.

Their email response was pretty good, too. I asked about upgrade
pricing, and they responded very quickly with all I needed to know.

I do remember, though, one issue with resize - it's agonizingly slow.
Do you have the same issue, or do I have something set wrong?
Old May 6th 15, 09:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

wrote:

On 5/5/2015 9:22 PM, Bill W wrote:
[...]

Yes, it is slow. It does the resize layer by layer. Therefore I crop in
PS, and do the final sizing in onOne, It has several algorithms that are
labeled based upon the use for the final resize. Having siad that, for
general purpoass I don't use it as frequently as I used to, because the
new algorithms in CC seem to work reasonably well for most purposes.
Now, I only use it for art prints.

--
PeterN