Photo file rename by to date and time taken

Old July 31st 15, 02:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Photo file rename by to date and time taken

On 7/31/2015 4:58 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 01:45:52 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Gee! Photoshop or Lightroomfor Unix.

photoshop did once have a unix version.

I doubt that PeterN is running it.

So do I.

--
PeterN
Old July 31st 15, 03:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

| It's not limiting if it's redundant, but yes, there is a price to pay,
| but not huge. I sometimes type a document into a basic text editor,
| and then paste that into Word, email, a web page, etc. In this case,
| it's not to protect the original document, but I do end up with a copy
| I can open with anything.

I actually save most text as plain text. It's
not so much a backup issue, although that
*is* an issue. It's just that DOCs, PDFs and
HTML are very inefficient when all I need is the
text. Someone sends me an 80 KB Word DOC
that requires a gigantic program to open. But all
I care about is 3 KB of plain text. I don't need
Word formatting to read that text. PDFs are
awkward to read. Saved HTML files can have
a lot of external file dependencies.

I think the general issue here is not about
Luddites and futurists, but rather about the
mainstreaming of computerization. Few people
are comfortable with the kind of structured
thinking required to actually use a file system
efficiently. Increasingly, the system is becoming
further abstracted. That's easier for many people.
Yesterday saw the release of Windows 10 -- a
big step toward ending software as an item at
all. Most people want convenience and have no
understanding at all of privacy and security issues.
They want to do their computing with a remote
control on a TV set, so that's where things are
headed.

Yesterday I was overhearing someone with his
tech support person, trying to figure out which
of his Picasa photos was on Dropbox and how to
access them. A few years ago that man would have
had to have learned how to use a computer properly
in order to store his photos. Today he can store
them while having no idea where they are. That's
what tech support is for.

I also know a professional art photographer who's
Mac hard disk crashed and she actually had no
backup of her professional work! Luckily she was
able to get the data back, albeit for a couple
thousand dollars.

So who's right? To me the people using file
organizers like Picasa are the Luddites. They don't
understand how to use a computer. But it works for
them. And that professional art photographer is
very wealthy. I expect she's probably still not
doing backup. For her, $2,000 is a small price
to pay for the luxury of never thinking about
technical details, DVD backup, external drives,
etc.

Old July 31st 15, 06:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

We do think nospam is guilty of hubris because even when he's wrong he
thinks he's right. He will, of course, say he's never wrong...and
that is evidence of hubris.

i admit i'm wrong when i'm wrong.

however, simply saying i'm wrong, particularly after you twist it into
something i didn't say, does not count.
Old July 31st 15, 06:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Gee! Photoshop or Lightroomfor Unix.

photoshop did once have a unix version.

I doubt that PeterN is running it.

nobody is running it.

it was version 3 about 20 years ago and a commercial failure for a few
reasons.

one reason was that unix users think everything should be free and
don't want to pay for quality software.
Old July 31st 15, 06:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 7/31/2015 10:45 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 09:43:26 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 7/31/2015 1:45 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , Bill W
wrote:

I completely agree with all of your claims on this subject, but I also
completely agree with everyone who is disagreeing with you.

that makes no sense

Once more your onw words prove your keen sense of humor. (Or, is it hubris.)
Come to think of it, can one have a false sense of hubris? Tony Cooper
help me on this.

Well, you don't really have a "sense" of hubris be it true or false.
Hubris is excessive pride or self-confidence evidenced by the person
accused of hubris thinking that they are always right or the most
knowledgeable or competant. We sense hubris in others, not ourselves,
so nospam would never have a sense of hubris.

We do think nospam is guilty of hubris because even when he's wrong he
thinks he's right. He will, of course, say he's never wrong...and
that is evidence of hubris.

Cannot hubris also be exhibited, in an attempt to cover up feelings of
inadequacy?

--
PeterN
Old July 31st 15, 06:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 7/31/2015 1:05 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

We do think nospam is guilty of hubris because even when he's wrong he
thinks he's right. He will, of course, say he's never wrong...and
that is evidence of hubris.

i admit i'm wrong when i'm wrong.

According to you, you have never been wrong. Please point to specific
posts where you admit to being wrong.

however, simply saying i'm wrong, particularly after you twist it into
something i didn't say, does not count.

Everybody twist your statements. Poor nospam. Everybody is out to get him.

--
PeterN
Old July 31st 15, 07:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

We do think nospam is guilty of hubris because even when he's wrong he
thinks he's right. He will, of course, say he's never wrong...and
that is evidence of hubris.

i admit i'm wrong when i'm wrong.

According to you, you have never been wrong.

more of your lies and twists. i make mistakes just like everyone else
and i welcome corrections so that everyone can learn something new.

Please point to specific
posts where you admit to being wrong.

i don't keep a log of what i post.
Old July 31st 15, 07:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 7/31/2015 2:06 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

We do think nospam is guilty of hubris because even when he's wrong he
thinks he's right. He will, of course, say he's never wrong...and
that is evidence of hubris.

i admit i'm wrong when i'm wrong.

According to you, you have never been wrong.

more of your lies and twists. i make mistakes just like everyone else
and i welcome corrections so that everyone can learn something new.

Uh huh!

Please point to specific
posts where you admit to being wrong.

i don't keep a log of what i post.

That I believe. You have contradicted yourself on many occassions.

--
PeterN
Old July 31st 15, 07:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

You have contradicted yourself on many occassions.

no i haven't.

what's happened is that you have misunderstood what i said or twisted
things to what i didn't say and when it was cleared up you say it was a
contradiction.
Old July 31st 15, 07:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 7/31/2015 2:12 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Sure, but we don't usually know the underlying aspects of a person's
behavior in an online enviornment.

It would seem to me that their online persona may very well represent
what is attempted to be hidden from the real world. But, of course one
cannot say that for certain.

--
PeterN