Photo file rename by to date and time taken

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 30th 15, 12:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Anonymous[_14_]

Default Photo file rename by to date and time taken

In article
nospam wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

an asset manager is the alternative.

i didn't tell him *which* asset manager because that's *his* choice.

How would you expect a person who is seeking a simple way to renumber
photos to know what an "asset manager" is?

there is nothing simple about renaming files.

Really? Maybe you actually think that. I need to rename files all
the time, and it is best done in batch mode, if there's more than
one file.

There is no downside to renaming the files to meet a desire or need.

yes there is. it's work that does not need to be done which is *always*
a downside.

How do you know that it doesn't need to be done? Or is that a
dictat from you?

When I export image files for the Web I always rename them. If it's
one file I just rename that, easily. If it's a bunch of files I use
a file renamer, either BulkFileRenamer or Fast File Renamer. I tend
more towards the former these days.

When I put images on the Web I have removed the EXIF data, and I
will need to know which file to set up where. Having files named
something like foobar_event_2015-07-31_0001.png will allow me to
get the image files into the Web page in the correct order without
any further hassle.

Really, all of this over a very simple question.