Which digital camera records 30fps video?

Old January 1st 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.video,rec.photo.digital

Default Which digital camera records 30fps video?

Hi all,

I want a cheap alternative to the expensive video cameras
that are out there, and I don't particularly want a cheap
$300 video camera. You see I have limited funds and I need
a camera anyway.

So I was wondering if anyone can point me to a digital camera
that records video at 25 frames per second at 640x480,
preferably 30fps.

Thanks!

Old January 1st 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

I dont know if it does 25-30fps but a sony digital 8 does DVD, 480i
lines horizontal quality. I have the TVR480 it has alot more features
then the cheaper 460? it is cheaper under 3 but no remote, touchscreen.
no memory stick or photo mode. photos can be taken any time in record or
playback of tape, even individual frame by frame with zoom. 20x optical
990 digital, super nightshot, antishake, and many other features. For
the price the Tvr 480 cant be beat and mine has had extensive use, at
wall mart with 30 day return policy. A Consumer Reports "Best Buy". Your
next main upgrade in quality is Canon at 760i lines horizontal
resolution , then the new sony 1800$ HD 1080i unit, thats what I want.
You will be happy with a Tvr480 for the price you cant do better, it
has longer record time with the larger tapes.

Old January 1st 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.video,rec.photo.digital

Look att Canon S2IS, it's known to have the best video, and stereo sound
too.

Old January 1st 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.video,rec.photo.digital

There are several: I have the Canon S2 IS which does 30fps at 640x480 BUT is
limited to 1 GB at a time (about 8 min. of Video.) As a camera, it is
5Mpixels. Uses SD cards.

--
Steven Blackwood

oups.com...

Old January 1st 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.video,rec.photo.digital

Steven Blackwood wrote:
There are several: I have the Canon S2 IS which does 30fps at 640x480
BUT is limited to 1 GB at a time (about 8 min. of Video.)

be honest... when ANYONE need more than 8 min of video at a time, then that
person REALLY NEEDS video camera, not still one...
But for this purposes..S2 is just excellent stuff.HAd S1 before, S2 now.
Both just great.

BTW...if there's a need for video camera, it HAS to be expensive one...since
all those cheap to moderate price models just can't cope with needs...like
shooting in the dark...result is usually choppy picture etc... and image
stabilizer isn't nearly as good as it is at S2....etc.etc...

--
Visit my web page at http://www.protoncek.com

Old January 1st 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

I should read better, here I am steering you at a videocam, sorry, but
the 480 camcorder is a good videocam, only stills are 640x480. Video on
cameras is expensive cards fill to fast. I have both. and a sony w5 for
photos, my only use on the w5 but it does video..

Old January 1st 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Viator wrote:
Hi all,

I want a cheap alternative to the expensive video cameras
that are out there, and I don't particularly want a cheap
$300 video camera. You see I have limited funds and I need
a camera anyway.

So I was wondering if anyone can point me to a digital camera
that records video at 25 frames per second at 640x480,
preferably 30fps.

My Nikon Coolpix 8800 can do 30fps of video.

--
- Barry
Old January 2nd 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.video,rec.photo.digital

Only 8 minutes? Wow. But I guess it figures...

1 gig / ( 8 * 60 * 30 ) = 73kB/frame assuming it's
using Motion JPEG.

As for its using SD cards, that's unfortunate:
I've already got a ton of CF cards.
Still, I've owned Canons before and they
have been nice cameras to use.

Old January 2nd 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"m Ransley" wrote in message
I dont know if it does 25-30fps but a sony digital 8 does DVD, 480i
lines horizontal quality.

Okay, you're confusing a couple of things. Each frame of NTSC video is made
up of 525 lines. D-25, a digital standard used, among other things, for
miniDV and Digital 8 uses 480 lines per frame. That has nothing to do with
resolution.

MiniDV is capable of up to 525 lines of resolution, meaning each scan line
can resolve up to 525 discrete bits of information. Only the very best
miniDV camcorders can resolve this. Your inexpensive D8 is probably in the
mid-400s and the cheapest digital camcorders barely surpass VHS resolution
at arond 275 lines.

DVD resolution is limited only by the television standard for which they are
encoded, i.e. a standard resolution NTSC DVD will resolve a maximum of 525
lines in a frame composed of 480 horizontal lines.

With respect to the OP's question, no digital still camera will match the
_video_ quality of even the inexpensive digital camcorders, just as no
digital camcorder can match the still quality of even the most inexpensive
still cameras.

Want stills? Buy a digitial still camera. Want video? Buy a digital
camcorder.

I have the TVR480 it has alot more features
then the cheaper 460?

These "features" contribute nothing to the quality of the video produced by
the machine.