Scumbag Apple guilty of PRICE FIXING e-books

Old July 14th 13, 12:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Scumbag Apple guilty of PRICE FIXING e-books

On 2013-07-11 18:30:23 -0700, RichA said:

Ever wonder why ....

This thread has to be one of RichA's most successful and prolific
anti-Apple trolls to date.

Savageduck

Old July 14th 13, 01:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mitch Bujard[_2_]

On 2013-07-11 18:30:23 -0700, RichA said:

Ever wonder why ....

This thread has to be one of RichA's most successful and prolific
anti-Apple trolls to date.

The title itself is an outrage. But still, beautiful flowers sometimes
grow in filth.

Mitch
http://FontMenu.com
---
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Old July 14th 13, 09:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mitch Bujard[_2_]

On 2013-07-14 06:14:07 +0000, Bruce said:

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 02:44:25 +0200, Mitch Bujard
wrote:

The title itself is an outrage.

An outrage? Why?

It is undeniably factually correct - with the exception of the first
word, which is there merely to add emphasis.

Would you really want to be called the same way ? Or is insult an
acceptable title ? Since when calling a company a scumbag makes any
sense ?

This whole 'emphasis' comes more from ignorance and reality show trash
than acceptable discussion. Immaturity at best.

Fact is Apple, because it was started by hippies (Steve Job's own
saying), carries a strong cultural message which creates a lot of fans,
and irreductible opponents. Both quite emotional. And mostly
irrational. Love and hate.

Would you have the same rapport with a Bendix washing machine ? Or a
Lenovo laptop ? Or even a Samsung laptot (rats copied the MacBook Air),
or a Hyundai car ?

Come on.

Mitch
http://www.FontMenu.com
---
Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
Oscar Wilde

Old July 14th 13, 02:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke[_2_]

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Ever own a Lenovo laptop? I'd rather have one of those than a Mac.
Everything works, they support it until there's no reasonable way for
them continue to do so, there are _real_ tech manuals for them, and a
lot of them will even run OS/X.

Come on.

Mitch
http://www.FontMenu.com
---

Old July 14th 13, 10:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 09:29:45 -0400, "J. Clarke" wrote:
: In article ,
: says...
:
:
: wrote:
:
[...]

Well, perhaps you can tell me why every Tablet 2 I've configured (and there
have been several) refuses to write my roaming profile back to the server on
logoff.

And why the T430s I tried to configure on Friday refuses to install most of
the Microsoft updates it seems to think it needs. I've given up and will
rebuild it from scratch tomorrow, using one of our standard images as a
starting point. :^(

On the whole, though, I accept your point. Lenovos are better than most.

Bob
Old July 15th 13, 04:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

: wrote:
:
[...]

That's what I thought until I had issues with mine.
I won't reiterate the service issues and hours I spent with them. But,
it literally took hours. However, once I got through to the right
person, at least an attempt was made, to resolve my issues.
My O/S is still not installed on the SSD, although they finally gave me
a whole new motherboard, but the hardware tech did not know how to
install Windows. I finally gave up and accepted a downgrade to Windows7.
I am not convinced I would buy another Lenovo, based upon my
experiences with this purchase.

--
PeterN
Old July 15th 13, 03:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mitch Bujard[_2_]

On 2013-07-14 13:29:45 +0000, J. Clarke said:

Ever own a Lenovo laptop? I'd rather have one of those than a Mac.
Everything works, they support it until there's no reasonable way for
them continue to do so, there are _real_ tech manuals for them, and a
lot of them will even run OS/X.

Your point confirms mine. It shows the lack of emotional appeal that
Lenovo creates. You say it works. Do you say you love it ? Do you say
it is beautiful ? Do you imply it will change the world ? Granted, it
is well made and provided with a good documentation. But does it have
any additional cultural value ? Does it create hurds of fans like Apple
?

Apple sells culture and vanity around well-designed objects. Call it
sense of belonging and pride, if you will. In some fashion, it empowers
its users in thinking they are an elite. Wether that's true or not is
debatable. But they *feel* it.

In other fields, Rolls Royce cars, Ban & Olufsen Hi Fi, Louis Vuiton or
Gucci luggage, can exert the same effect.

It is less technical than it is emotional. I akined Apple hoopla to
haute couture for that very reason. It as nothing to do with technical
specifications ;^D

Mitch
http://www.FontMenu.com
---
Good design is good for business.
Thomas J. Watson

Old July 15th 13, 03:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mitch Bujard[_2_]

wrote:

The title itself is an outrage.

An outrage? Why?

It is undeniably factually correct - with the exception of the first
word, which is there merely to add emphasis.

Would you really want to be called the same way ? Or is insult an
acceptable title ? Since when calling a company a scumbag makes any
sense ?

This whole 'emphasis' comes more from ignorance and reality show trash
than acceptable discussion. Immaturity at best.

I am not sure which is more immature - calling Apple 'a scumbag' on
the basis of proven allegations of price fixing, or taking offence.

I'm not easily offended, so I suppose the mock outrage is a sign of
greater immaturity. Some people take longer to grow up than others.

In every discussion, some people need to nurse their ego by demeaning
others. Don't you, Smurf Grouchy ?

Old July 15th 13, 04:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke[_2_]

In article ,
says...

On 2013-07-14 13:29:45 +0000, J. Clarke said:

Ever own a Lenovo laptop? I'd rather have one of those than a Mac.
Everything works, they support it until there's no reasonable way for
them continue to do so, there are _real_ tech manuals for them, and a
lot of them will even run OS/X.

Your point confirms mine. It shows the lack of emotional appeal that
Lenovo creates. You say it works. Do you say you love it ?

I can't imagine "loving" any computer.

Do you say
it is beautiful ?

I have yet to see a "beautiful" computer.

Do you imply it will change the world ?

It did. Or its mama did anyway.

Granted, it
is well made and provided with a good documentation. But does it have
any additional cultural value ? Does it create hurds of fans like Apple
?

Considering that worldwide they are outselling Apple by a huge margin,
yes, apparently it does. However I don't see "creating hurds of fans"
as being any kind of recommendation.

Apple sells culture and vanity around well-designed objects. Call it
sense of belonging and pride, if you will. In some fashion, it empowers
its users in thinking they are an elite. Wether that's true or not is
debatable. But they *feel* it.

I prefer selling products that work reliably and do what I need at a
fair price.

In other fields, Rolls Royce cars, Ban & Olufsen Hi Fi, Louis Vuiton or
Gucci luggage, can exert the same effect.

ROF,L. The only thing Rolls has ever had going for it was that it was
expensive.

It is less technical than it is emotional. I akined Apple hoopla to
haute couture for that very reason. It as nothing to do with technical
specifications ;^D

Oh, I see, you don't want a computer, you want a hipster status symbol.

I notice that you quote the father of Lenovo in your sig, not the father
of Apple.
Old July 15th 13, 05:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-07-15 09:04:07 -0700, Whisky-dave said:

On Monday, 15 July 2013 16:10:03 UTC+1, J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,

ROF,L. The only thing Rolls has ever had going for it was that it was

expensive.

You've never heard of the spitfire then, with the merlin engine.

Rolls-Royce made, ...er makes far more money out of their aero-engine
business which today is completely separated from the "Rolls-Royce
Motor Company" owned by BMW. R-R was a failing automotive business in
the 1970's & 80's, so they were more than happy when VW & BMW had their
bidding wars over R-R & Bentley so they could sell those white
elephants. If not R-R/Bentley would have gone the way of the Marmon,
Deusenberg, and Auburn. Today R-R (without the burden of cars) is the
third largest (& profitable) aviation engine manufacturer, with
subsidiaries in the USA, Germany, France, & Italy.

Today BMW and VW are making better Rolls-Royce and Bentley cars than
the founding company ever dreamed of.

As far as the WWII Merlin engine is concerned R-R couldn't keep up with
wartime production needs, as a result the majority of Merlin engines
used in Spitfires, Hurricanes, Mosquitoes, P-51's, and Lancaster
bombers after 1941, were built by Packard.

Savageduck