Old July 28th 07, 01:26 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Default GARY FONG LOVES THE 20D !

On Jul 27, 3:57 pm, Eric Miller
wrote:

This is what I question about this particular product for outdoor use.
Like pointing the flash up and putting a business card or other
reflector on it and then using it outdoors (when that is a technique
more appropriate under a low ceiling) the Lightshere seems to be a
device that would severely reduce flash output when used outdoors for
diffusion that could be more efficiently obtained with a small softbox
like the Westcott Micro Apollo or a bounce device like one of the
Lumiquest products...

Those devices will reduce the efficiency of the flash as well, but at
least they aren't directing a significant portion of the flash output at
the sky, to the side and rear of the photograher.

The Gary Fong Lightsphere has an inverted dome top that redirects much
of the light back out. I haven't noticed any decrease in flash power
the few times I've used my Lightsphere. It has given me excellent
results each time.