Old July 5th 04, 09:12 PM
TP

Default What will happen to classic film cameras?

Gordon Moat wrote:

While I have read nice reviews on this lens, it really is sort of slow at
f2.8. Also, when I tried it, the focus ring was too small for me, since I
have large hands. I doubt I would ever buy one.

Sadly, all too many people agree. This is a lens that appeals neither
to Nikon's traditional MF user base nor to the AF users. Here in the
UK it can be bought very cheaply, but Nikon UK discourage dealers from
publishing these very attractive prices.

It's a bit like Pentax UK with the MZ-S body, which can be bought at
huge discounts off list price but is not advertised at those prices.