Old July 22nd 18, 09:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Scott Schuckert

Default String tripod

In article , Johnny
wrote:

I have a basic digital compact and use a string tripod to avoid camera
shake.

I usually loop the string round the back of my neck but most advice sites
suggest standing on the string.

Is one of these better than the other for reducing shake?

Don't know about better, but what used to be called chain-pods were
once manufactured commercially. I carried one for years; you'd stand on
one end and pull up on the camera. Chain being more rigid than string,
and the floor being steadier than your neck.

Once could also visualize a fantastic dual-purpose device that would
steady the camera against the neck, AND suspend the camera when your
hands are otherwise occupied. Must check with the patent office...