Old March 4th 05, 02:12 AM
MarkČ

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message ...
wrote:
I am writing an article about "red eye" effect of people and animals.
What I noticed is when you take a photo of the same animal, its eyes
can have different colors on different photos or even its left and
right eyes has different colors on the same photo. I think this depends
on the angle at which you take a photo, rather than on tapetal color.
Am I right? I never heard of it before, so it is just my assumption...

Please see the photos of the animals:
http://www.colorpilot.com/redeye_effect01.html
all 6 pictures of a dog show actually the same dog...

What do you think?

Natalia

Dogs and cats seem to have a lot more rods than cones in their retinas, and the angle
from which the light reflects seems to vary the color, even though the rods aren't color
sensitive. Fixing this problem in post-processing is much like doing the same with
human eyes, except that many programs look for the red tones, which are usually absent
in animal eyes (excpet other primates).

The following photo would seem to indicate otherwise (about red):
http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/37320115
These are my two dogs...brother and sister (same litter, though they don't look like it).

No adjustments have been made to the photo.

Interesting, aye? -Merry Christmas!

-Mark