Old February 20th 06, 06:44 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,rec.photo.digital

Default Looking for External HDD

In article hhnKf.2539$0z.1211@trnddc01, "Mike"
wrote:
Hi, I'm looking for recomendations for an external hard disk drive that'll
be used primarily for digital photo storage
and bac up until I build a new PC. For now I'm thinking a drive of around
200gig should do it.
PC Magazine likes the Maxtor OneTouch II External USB Drive, but several
users report problems with this drive.
OTOH, maybe thousands are happoily using the drive. Basic drive
requirements - quiet, fast, durable excellent software is a plus. It sems
FireWire is trhe preferred interface.

If you don't mind sticking the drive into a case and having a rebate or
two to send off....
See this page for 250 G plus USB/Firewire case for about $100 shipped:
http://dealmac.com/deals/Seagate-250...re-USB-2-0-Enc
losure-for-90-after-rebates/110119.html
--
"It is easier to fight for your principles
than to live by them."