Old February 4th 05, 02:59 AM

Either one of the Nikon models are good. The D100 is more expensive then the
D70, but the D70 is newer and I think has more "innovative" features.

"Barry Bean" wrote in message
.. .
I posted recently asking for suggestions for a first digital camera. After
researching the issue, I'm looking ay:

Olympus E1
Canon 20D
Nikon D70
Nikon D100

My budget is $2000 for body, basic zoom to cover range from wide to short
telephoto, and adequate memory for 50-100 shots at max resolution.

The one caveat is that I have a very thorough Olympus manual focus lens
collection, and either the Olympus or Canon would allow me to use many of
my existing lenses.