Old October 7th 17, 04:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
harry newton

Default What's a good free Windows video editor that crops out data in the MP4 video frame?

He who is Paul said on Fri, 06 Oct 2017 11:45:59 -0400:

After reading all the posts in this thread, I found it amazing how few
people there are on rec.photo.digital who possess this basic video
editing skill

photo != video

rec.photo digital
rec.video.desktop

Actually, not only was Newshound one of the few people on this
rec.photo.digital newsgroup who were actually knowledgeable, but you,
presumably from the Windows side, were also extremely knowledgeable.

In addition, you *tested* various solutions (e.g., ImageMagick) to
fruition, which takes effort and expertise to accomplish.

I agree with you that expertise on r.p.d for video editing is virtually non
existent, so it's with appreciation that I also acknowledge your expertise
and helpful endeavors.

And that's because you should have asked in rec.video.desktop,
which is where desktop video editing is done.

As for rec.video.desktop, I've never found it to be an "active" group, at
least not in terms of how the Windows and Mobile Phone groups are active.

Unfortunately, the regulars has vacated. Some passed
away. Some went to social media. The guy experimenting
with high-bit-rate and high definition (4K) video, left for
social media. No reason stated. No forwarding address.

A quick look just now only shows 4 "current" threads, 3 of which appear to
be completely off topic, but none of which have any followups.