Old July 4th 15, 04:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_7_]

Default hdr question

On 2015-07-04 02:23:09 +0000, PeterN said:

On 7/3/2015 10:13 PM, Bill W wrote:
On Fri, 03 Jul 2015 21:56:11 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

This was a 5 exposure HDR, converted to BW. The HDR rendition and the BW
conversion were done using NIK software. No other modifications were
made. I cannot undertand why the vertical post on the door is so blurry,
compared to the ret of the image. What did I misss?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150703_Amish_0105_HDR.jpg

Something appears to have gone very wrong. The whole image looks
blurry to me, but it looks like a multiple exposure in general. I
don't know if I'm seeing moire, or something else. Did the camera move
between exposures? Or did something else change? Did you use a tripod?

Then again, I'm sure others here will have a better analysis.

I was trying hand held. I know I should not have been too lazy to get a tripod.

That depends on the actual exposure range. What was your bracket EV
interval for the 5 exposures?

I also want to test the ghost reduction.

Ghost reduction is only going to come into play with unwanted movement,
such as a bird flying through the bracket set. Then you have to select
one of the exposures as the "Ghost Removal Reference" shot and adjust
the Ghost removal strength appropriately.

It seems that you have a serious alignment problem whch the ghost
removal will not fix.

Does the tractor look blurry?

Very.

My solution would be to use Lightroom Photo Merge - HDR. See my prior
post or if you want more detailed help we can move this to email.

This might give you some idea of how I use Photo Merge - HDR in LR for
a single exposure. In the case of your bracket I would choose the 0 EV
and work with that in LR.
https://db.tt/nIuPyfxx

Savageduck