Old February 7th 05, 02:45 AM
Melissa

"me" wrote :

"Melissa" wrote in message
I have a Minolta 650si that I'm about to try to sell, and forgot how
much

it
cost originally. I wanted to put the original price in my auction. It
has

the
date time option and panorama. Does anyone recall how much they
originally retailed for with the standard 50 AF lens?
--
Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.
http://melissasliberty.blogspot.com/

Normally I consider any site with the word blog in the title an anathema
however I may well become a regular reader of yours. You've got a damn
good head on your shoulders.

Thanks.

The last best hope for liberty, to give the world its first Bill of
Rights: http://www.UPAlliance.org/billofrights.htm

Those are fine words and noble sentiments. How tragic it is that the US
government is now the *worst enemy* that personal freedom faces today.

I wouldn't say the worst, I'd reserve that for N Korea, China, Al Qaeda,
Fidel...

But certainly far from the best friend.

And what about Bush's new catch pair; that he wants to promote "liberty and
freedom"? What's the difference between them? I heard Condoleeza Rice
repeating it recently too, and wondered; what's the difference?

Best speed and best wishes on your worthy endeavour! You go girl!

Thanks you.

Please excuse my gross error at not noticing that you have already
crossposted to rec.photo.misc as well as several other NG's. I am unable
to find an answer to your question but none of the auctions for your
model camera at ebay has the retail price listed so I wouldn't worry
about it. Don't give your camera away.

That was what I was afraid of actually. I think I paid close to $1000 for
the whole kit originally ( I have a big carry bag, Tamron 20-200 Aspherical
abd several other goodies ) and I'm shocked at how low the Ebay prices are,
especially when I just sold a beat up old 8080A suitcase microlab that
someone gave me for free, for $157 on Ebay.

There are several companies who
buy used cameras. Contact http://keh.com/ http://www.adorama.com/ or
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ and ask them what they will give for your
camera or what would they ask for your camera if they had one for sale.

My experience with people who buy used stuff, is that you can usually
expect 10 cents on the original dollar.

Good Luck. Just curious but what camera are you looking to buy after you
sell yours?

I'm actually into digital now, I picked up a used Coolpix 4500 ( yes, used
on Ebay for $330 ) which I just love to death, and Costco had a sale
recently for a HP Photosmart 7760, which prints awesomely on glossy photo
paper, so no more film developing waits for me.

And that probably explains why the 650si's are going for so little now.
It's a great camera but I suspect most people are just going digital.