Old May 22nd 15, 03:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default Can good photographic ability be taught, or is it in-born?

In article , Whisky-dave
wrote:

Rich A:
I couldn't carve a "David" if I had 1000 years of
training.

Sandman:
Yes, you could. A more or less accepted idea is
that it takes 10,000 hours of practice to excel at a given
task. The problem is having an interest that leads you to
invest 10,000 hours into that.

newshound:
I'm with Rich and Floyd. I must have spent 10,000 hours trying
to play the guitar over the past 50 years, and I'm still
rubbish.

Sandman:
Just to repeat: 10,000 hours is playing the guitar 8 hours every
single work day for a solid five years.

Also, as I've also said - it's a combination of time *and*
interest. Anyone can do something for 10k hours that they
dislike and still be bad at it. But if those 10k hours are the
result of an interest on your part, you will be good at it.

RJH:
Even if you're tone deaf, arthritic and can't afford new strings?
:-)

I'd like to know what lens and camera a photographer with parkinsons
disease would need and would he be worried by f stop defraction
limiting.

Full circle: http://imgur.com/gallery/Ath29UY

--
Sandman