Old February 21st 06, 06:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default NY Times: "Digital Moves to Top-Tier Cameras"

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:37:43 -0800, Gordon Moat
wrote:

So a little weird bit of outside reality. In San Diego, which should not
be used as a model for any general trends (except high prices), I have
recently noticed many more old film SLRs in use. While that might not
sound surprising, the part about it that surprised me a little is that
people fresh out of high school are the ones picking up on this. Even
the professional lab I used made a comment about it. So I asked a few
people last night at this one cafe' I frequent, and the answer to why an
old film SLR brought some not too surprising answers.

Gordon Moat
A G Studio
http://www.allgstudio.com

Gordon,

I haven't been to San Diego in 2-3 years now, always like the small,
convenient airport access near to downtown hotels and such.

What *I* have noticed is that all those old Nikon F series mechanical
bodies are being bid up on ebay. And there can't be THAT many
collectors, especially for the "user" cameras.

Father Kodak