Old April 8th 05, 09:35 AM
Randy Berbaum

stormwatcher wrote:
: hotchkisstrio wrote:
: Hey, there's some "audiophiles" who insist that CDs sound bad!

: Oh geez. Many CDs do sound bad. Digital recorded and poorly mastered =
: lousy CD. Besides, what does this have to with with digital cameras??

The same analog vs digital disagreement is the root of both. There will
always be those who mistrust or will find a fault with a digital medium,
no matter what field is being digitized. And there will always be those
that will hear no bad words about their favorite "new and improved"
medium. In the middle are the majority of us who are happy with whatever
works best for our particular need, and rarely find anything that works,
to be bad. This same point of disagreement will continue, no matter if the
medium is film vs digital, or CD vs vinyl (or even MP3) audio recording. I
even know someone who refuses to use a word processor in favor of their
old manual typewriter because "I know how to use this one".

I am one who recognizes that no one recording/storage method is perfect
for everyone or every situation. For each person and situation we will
have to make our own judgement of what is best for that moment. Just wait
one or two generations and there will be some new form of photographic
medium that will be discussed as being better/worse than the old tried
and true Digital.

Randy

Randy Berbaum
Champaign, IL