Old September 2nd 05, 10:31 AM
Barry Pearson

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
Jeremy Nixon wrote:

[snip]
I don't know -- does anyone include the camera libraries? Are they even
allowed to?

I am quite sure that they can be licensed. Nikon likes money like
everybody else.

The Nikon advisory that responded to criticism of their encryption of
the WB for the D2X said:

"With each introduction of a new Nikon digital Single Lens Reflex
model, Nikon updates the available SDK selection to provide new
information; this is the situation with the D2X, D2Hs and D50 models.
As stated above, application for the Nikon SDK is possible for bona
fide software companies that send Nikon a written application for the
SDK. Once approved, the SDK is provided to the developer at no charge
and they are authorized to use it".

I don't know whether they are authorised to distribute it. I believe
the developer has to sign an NDA. And the SDK doesn't provide access to
the raw data, just to de-mosaiced data.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0504/05...efresponse.asp

--
Barry Pearson