Old May 22nd 18, 12:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Put your Canon Glass to Use With Your iPhone!

On Sun, 20 May 2018 18:23:21 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I was thinking more of the psycho-social impact where the experience
is being supplanted by the need to document. I have no problem with
great, or even spectacular photos are frequently captured on a phone.
I do worry a bit about the seeming obsession to document life rather
than live it in real time.

The world is full of genuinely poor people who can never aspire to
owning a smart phone.

so what? they won't be buying a camera either.

You shouldn't have snipped the final paragraph.

And I was responding to "the stupidity" (although I wouldn't call it
that) of the comment in the snipped paragraph. There are many parts of
the world where the people are so poor that a person who can afford a
smartphone or camera is regarded as wealthy.

then they won't be choosing which one to buy, will they?

Changing the subject again.

Eric Stevens