Old May 21st 18, 07:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Put your Canon Glass to Use With Your iPhone!

On 5/19/2018 9:17 PM, Davoud wrote:
Eric Stevens:
The world is full of genuinely poor people who can never aspire to
owning a smart phone.

Having lived in S.E. Asia, the Middle East, and East Africa from 1966
to 1993, I have some small degree of awareness of poverty and
deprivation around the world. Nonetheless, among all but the very
poorest of the poor, by which I mean persons like those that Nachtwey
photographed in The Sudan, smartphones are quite common, even where
individuals can't afford them but groups of people or whole villages
can afford to share one.

In a similar vein, in the US we had multiple party lines and shared
telephones in the hallway of apartment houses.

--
PeterN