Old August 4th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill K

Default Newbie asks how to focus on subject and blur background

On Aug 4, 12:12 pm, wrote:
I have a Canon S3 digital. I just want to take some portrait type
shots with the subject in focus and background fuzzy. I have looked
through the guidebook but fooling around with the camera settings so
far hasn't worked. Can someone help me here? Thanks.

Hello HA,
I'm not familiar with the Canon S3, However, the standard method is to
increase the aperture. The more open it is means less depth of field
(focused subject and fuzzy background). I believe most point and
shoots have "portrait" settings which is what you want. The best thing
may be to play around with the various settings.
Best of luck
Gator Bait (Bill)