Old November 29th 17, 03:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Why should I say "Cheese"?

On 11/28/2017 4:11 AM, Noons wrote:
On 28/11/2017 1:01 @wiz, Savageduck wrote:
On Nov 27, 2017, Whisky-dave wrote
(in ):

We're not sure when or where a photographer first asked his or her
subjects
to state the name of the delicious dairy product, but we do know that
when
you say "cheese," the corners of your mouth turn up, your cheeks lift
and
your teeth show. It looks like a smile, and since smiling is what we
do in
pictures, the instruction seems pretty practical.

I wonder how this works in other languages .
I'll ask some foreigners I know.

Neither the Portuguese queijo, nor the Spanish queso fit.

In Portugal it's customary to say "honest politician".
Guaranteed at least a smirk...Â*

The expression, "honest politician", sounds like an oxymoron.

--
PeterN