Old July 13th 15, 04:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default EXIF layered on to image?

In article , Peter Jason
wrote:

Win7 ult, Win8 pro, Photoshop 6

do you mean photoshop cs6?

photoshop 6 is ancient and will not run properly windows 7 or 8. it
won't even install if the hard drive is too big.

When comparing a series of photos taken with varying f-stops, ISOs,
shutter speeds, RAW, etc I need to have ths EXIF data layered on to
the image so that I can compare the camera & lens optimums.
Where in Photoshop is the EXIF data presented so as to be copied &
pasted on to the images? Peter

the proper solution is to use lightroom, which will overlay exif data
automatically.

also in lightroom, you can query which photos to display based on
f/stop, shutter speed, lens choice, location, date or whatever else.
you could, for example, look at all images taken at f/8 in the past
month.

as for photoshop cs6, it's file/file info... in the camera data tab.
the text is copyable, but do you really want to invoke that panel and
copy/paste for every single photo?? that's a ****load of work which is
entirely unnecessary.