Old January 2nd 14, 04:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Almost OT - I need help with iPad

On 2014-01-02 03:31:19 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

I'm trying to add the manuals for my camera and my flashes to my iOS7
iPad as PDF files. I am having no luck whatsoever. Judging by Google
results, I am far from alone with this.

I've got the files into the iTunes library on my computer, but there
they sit. What do I do to get them into the iPad?

I just did an online search for "ipad (whatever #, or type) manual".
Navigate to the site in Safari, tap on the main PDF window you will see
an option to select the app you want to use to open the PDF. I use
iBooks.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%2009%20PM.png

or

http://tinyurl.com/ko5zujw

The iPad manual is usually iOS specific, I use iOS7 on my biPhone and
iOS6 on my iPad, so here is how it is presented on my iPad.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%2007%20PM.png

or

http://tinyurl.com/kt5y27k
I do the same for my camera manuals.

To be clear those are the PDF manuals for my D300s, my G11, SB-800
flash, and some others. It is also worth noting that Apple places the
iPad/iPhone manuals in with books and all other PDF among PDFs, you
switch between the two options with the collections button.

The D300S manual from Nikon at
http://www.nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/...2/D300S_EN.pdf
http://tinyurl.com/lqj78pa
....and my iBook PDF manual book shelf.