Old June 28th 04, 02:57 AM
kosh

Default NiMh batteries drain too quickly

one of 2 problems...

1. less likely.... poor battery charging method..... hence not getting the
most of the potential..

this happened with both sets of different power batt's.... leads me to
believe...

2. some sort of problem with the camera causing a drain.

kosh

"Giorgio Preddio" wrote in message
om...
Vito Cavallo wrote in message

I recently purchased a Minolta Dimage S414. I have tried different NiMh
batteries with various results. I was wondering if someone can tell me

if
my problems are normal.

I tried Olympus 1200mah batteries and I can get about 10 pictures before
camera won't work.

I tried new SunPak 2100mah batteries and I also get about 10 pictures

before
the battery status is low and the camera dies.

I now have new Eveready 1450mah batteries and these last about 40

pictures.

Is this normal? Shouldn't NiMh batteries last more that 10 pictures?
How is it that the lower power Evereadys last longer than the 2100mah
SunPak?

Should I discharge the NiMh before I use them?

Do you think my camera is defective?

Thanx

You will find that the mainstream manufacturers' digital cameras tend
to waste battery power in a rampant manner. Consider the Sigma/Foveon
platform instead. Not only will you get the most efficient battery
consumption out there, but you will see notches of improvement in
image quality. The Sigma SD10 is simply the best camera ever made.

Check out this thread:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?B255549A8