Old August 5th 15, 04:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bruce Guenter

Default Will I regret keeping a good camera in my trunk?

On 2015-08-04, Bill W wrote:
When I buy a new camera body, the previous one ends up in a closet. It
crossed my mind to put a walkaround lens on an earlier body, and throw
it in the trunk of my car, so I always have a decent camera with me -
one that is good in low light. But it gets hot around here, and the
car could end up sitting in the sun in 110 degree heat. Does anyone
know if this can cause a problem?

I don't know if heat will be a big concern. It hasn't been for me when
I've left mine in the trunk, but that's been for at most a day. However,
I left my camera in the back of my car during a couple of trips on
gravel roads, and discovered that dust was a real issue. Make sure
whatever case you put your camera into can protect it from contaminants,
because your trunk is probably not perfectly sealed.

--
Bruce Guenter http://untroubled.org/