Old April 23rd 09, 10:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

Default Are todays LCD screen any good in bright weather

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 17:45:22 +0100, Ken wrote:

I have an older Nikon 7900 with 2" screen and even in normal light
sometimes have to take a guess when outside that I have got the subject
in frame. I was thinking of getting a modern digi camera with 2.5 or
bigger LCD screen but only if I feel convinced they are better to use
outside. Whats the point in having to guess the shot???

Exactly. IMHO - today's LCD screens are not any good in any weather. I
can't compose a picture with the camera is out at arm's length - I use a
Kodak P850 with a decent EVF and I use that.

Anyone with a modern camera with the LCD that will work in brighter
conditions?

Ken