Old January 25th 07, 06:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
acl

Default Newbie Question About Color Balance Problem in D70s ?

On Jan 25, 9:43 am, "Magnusfarce" wrote:
I found a possible explanation for the color balance shift at Ken Rockwell's
website. In his article "How to Shoot Sports", he states that the rapid
flicker of flourescent or halide lights caused by their 60 hz power source
also causes flickering of color as well. Our eyes don't pick it up, but at
higher shutter speeds, the camera can and will sometimes produce white
balance changes from frame to frame. Any thoughts on this?

Er... did you read the reply I wrote?

On second thought, I asked if it was fluorescent, but didn't say why.
And you didn't ask, so forgot to explain. Oops!

Anyway. Can you put a couple of the affected shots somewhere for us to
look at?