Old November 25th 03, 10:06 AM
Angela M. Cable

Default Rule of Thirds?

Toke Eskildsen wrote:

Angela M. Cable wrote:

http://www.atrise.com/golden-section/

Very nice idea. I see that is is constrained to Golden Rectangles,
which makes sort of sense: Try to let both the frame and the point of
interest be golden.

It's also constrained to Win2K and XP, which is I why I've never tried
it out :-)

Unfortunately that also means that it's hard to use the guides if one
wants to crop an image to certain proportions (6"x4" comes to mind).

Uh, maybe my right brain is showing, but at 4x6 shouldn't one be able to
apply the section directly in the viewfinder? Assuming you can envision
it. 4x6 is the same ratio as 35mm film itself, 1:1.5 which isn't too far
off from the golden ratio at 1:1.618.

I must say that I find $20 to be a rather high price for such an
utility though. But that is of course his choise.

When I think of the cost of any piece of software I tend to think of the
cost divided up amongst how many hours of time it saves me. The more
useful a piece of software is, the less expensive the cost over time.

--
Angela M. Cable
PSP8 Private Beta Tester

PSP Tutorial Links:
http://www.psplinks.com
5th Street Studio, free graphics, websets and mo
http://www.fortunecity.com/westwood/alaia/354/