Old July 28th 17, 02:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

Default Where I keep my spare cats.

PeterN news Tue, 25 Jul 2017 01:31:00 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

On 7/24/2017 5:35 PM, -hh wrote:
On Monday, July 24, 2017 at 4:11:34 PM UTC-4, peterN wrote:
On 7/24/2017 3:31 PM, nospam wrote:
-hh wrote:

..math snipped..

M = Expected value of units owned by those who report owning
more than one = 2.3

Given that this is less than half of the DRM "limit 5", it
again indicates that a relatively small percentage of all
users would statistically be likely to encounter the limit.

exactly the point.

FWIW, what's probably much more likely is that old PCs get
retired off without being properly removed such that over a
course of several years of buying new replacement computers
(and/or a family household) that the "limit 5" gets
encountered. However, since the DRM was later eliminated, this
is more of a footnote to a functionally moot point.

also true, however, should that happen it's trivial to reset
it.

it's a non-issue, except to haters, who wouldn't use the
products even if any of that didn't exist.

Trivial if you know how.

Last time I looked, its an option on one of the pulldown menus in
iTunes.

My recollection is that I found it awhile back while deliberating
how hard it would be to get an old 12" G4 Powerbook running again
to have it delist itself in iTunes, versus doing a "Master Reset"
and having to re-authorize all current PCs on the DRM account.

Of course, a third option was to burn/re-import all of the old
DRM protected tracks so that it would all be effectively moot.

-hh

Thanks,
I am seeking to avoid doing that, as it would take several days,
and I would need to find a good turntable to transfer the vinyl
tracks. The Toscanini and Armstrong tracks alone would be almost
half a day.

So it is an issue of DRM then. As in this was done when DRM was being
enforced...

Cats must drink the bathwater while their human is taking a bath.