Old December 30th 16, 12:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
sobriquet

Default Photo sharing site?

On Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 8:57:52 PM UTC+1, The Real Bev wrote:
On 12/28/2016 10:15 AM, sobriquet wrote:
On Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 11:46:21 PM UTC+1, The Real Bev wrote:
Picasaweb was pretty damn good until google killed it. It was easy to
share albums either publicly (most of them) or with only those people to
whom you've given the password. You could see captions easily,
slideshows, EXIF info etc. Google photos is just UGLY and difficult to
work with. I want to see more photos on a single screen, but I can't
have that.

Are there any free sites that you guys like that will suck in the albums
(maybe 100 or so) from google photos ? The "suck in albums" thing is
pretty much essential since I just store all my photos (thousands) in a
single subdirectory on my HD in chronological order
(filename=filedate+time).

--
Cheers, Bev
"Attention: All virgins report to Paradise immediately!!

flickr.com is great for photosharing. You get 1 TB of free space and
you can share images at very high resolution.

I have some albums there already, so I tried to add to the current one.
I couldn't figure out how to upload a number of photos at once, just
one at a time. The drag+drop method doesn't work well with slackware so
I have to select filenames using -- normally -- control/click. Didn't
work here. I'm sure it used to or I wouldn't have EVER used it. Feh :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
"Parasites plus suckers do not add up to a community."

Dunno.. maybe you can try a different browser under linux slackware and
it might work. The upload thingy seems to require flash.