Old April 19th 18, 11:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system
Ragnusen Ultred

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Thu, 19 Apr 2018 17:32:44 -0400, schrieb Neil:

That may have been one of his "bad snips" from a post of mine.

Thanks for explaining to Alan that I only tell the truth.

I just posted this, to you Neil, on the Windows group.

Better yet, go to college as an arts major with a focus on the graphic
arts.

That's like saying you can't boil spaghetti without going to a culinary
arts college.

You keep admonishing to "hire a professional spaghetti boiler" when all
we're doing is changing text for heaven's sake.

You make things extremely complex Neil.

Not everyone needs to hire a professional spaghetti boiler or to go to
culinary arts school just to boil spaghetti.

There is a LOT to know about the field beyond the particular tools
used, which change from time to time but retain their underlying
objectives (Illustrator was preceded by other vector graphics programs,
but they worked similarly with the same purpose). The real problem here
is that some people think that they can do things that they know
absolutely nothing about and still get good results.

It's a sign for heaven's sake Neil.
A sign.

We don't need vector graphics, for example, for a sign.

We don't need to train 27 people to learn how to use graphic software just
to change text (it was 20, but another road of 7 people wanted the same
signs, which is the batch we're doing now).

Just because something is free does not make it good (more likely, it
guarantees limitations).

Neil.
You seem to have a bug up your butt that only a professional spaghetti
boiler can boil spaghetti.

Nobody is saying that a professional can't do any job better, but you don't
need to go to culinary school and buy special spaghetti boiling equipment
just to boil spaghetti.

You just don't.

Point in fact, the RoadGeek font is *perfect* for this application.
PowerPoint is *perfect* for this application, especially as it seems to be
the case that none of the 27 households doesn't already have it, and,
luckily for us, none are on the Mac (which makes things easier since the
PowerPoint won't work as well on the Mac as it does on Windows due to the
well-known font embedding lack-of-functionality issues on the Mac).

Any professional in the graphic arts would roll
their eyes at a clueless TrueType font user, and it has nothing at all
to do with platform or applications, it's about understanding fonts.

Neil,
It's you who appears to be clueless.

You seem to think that only a professional spaghetti boiler can boil
spaghetti.

For you to suggest to hire a professional just to change some text is an
indication that you don't comprehend the simplest of problem sets and
solutions.

This is not rocket science Neil.
It's a single page powerpoint file that we're printing.

The flaws are on the Mac and Adobe (neither can handle fonts that are
embedded) and even AI is screwing up on AI file, but there's nothing wrong
with the process up to the point that it gets onto the Mac at the printer's
shop.

It's only when the files touch the Mac that problems arise.