Old November 15th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

Default DSLR vs P&S a replay of Film vs Digital?

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 22:16:31 GMT, "Ali" wrote in
:

LOL.

With a Rolex, I understand where you are coming from, absolutely. Of
course, a cheap digital watch will still accurately tell the time. P&S 'v'
DSLR is not the same.

It actually is the same.
Pretty much any decent camera is capable of taking great pictures.
What really matters is the photographer, not the camera.
Bragging about a tool is a sure mark of a not so great photographer.

"John Navas" wrote in message
.. .

I think it's more a matter of childish mine-is-better bragging by DSLR
advocates who feel the need to feed their egos by putting down non-DSLRs
and those who use them, like wearing a Rolex to be more cool, or worse a
fake Rolex, like cheaping out with a Sigma or Tamron lens on a Canon or
Nikon body.

--
Best regards,
John Navas