Old November 15th 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

Default DSLR vs P&S a replay of Film vs Digital?

On 15 Nov 2007 09:03:18 -0800, Bill Tuthill wrote
in :

Arguments over relative merits of DSLR vs P&S digicams
occupy a plurality of current traffic volume on r.p.d.

In many ways it reminds me of the film vs digital debate
of the last many years.

DSLR partisans seem like the defenders of film, because
they don't have a lot of firm evidence that their workflow
is superior, except at high ISO or some arcane usage.

I think it's more a matter of childish mine-is-better bragging by DSLR
advocates who feel the need to feed their egos by putting down non-DSLRs
and those who use them, like wearing a Rolex to be more cool, or worse a
fake Rolex, like cheaping out with a Sigma or Tamron lens on a Canon or
Nikon body.

--
Best regards,
John Navas