Old November 15th 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

Default DSLR vs P&S a replay of Film vs Digital?

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:58:59 -1000, Scott W wrote
in :

But I often find myself with just a P&S wishing it was my DSLR instead.

Two years ago I used a small waterproof camera to shoot a canoe race
from our clubs double hull canoe, I got some very nice photos, IMO and
it was great not to have to worry about a large expensive DSLR getting
wet. Last year I took the DSLR on the same double hull and photographed
the same race, and the photos came out better, IMO. It took a lot more
work to use the DSLR in such a wet environment, but it was worth it.
Saturday I will be on the double hull once again, and again I will be
using the DSLR.

With the point and shoot I get better photo then if I had no camera at
all. But in almost all cases I will get a better photo if I am using my
DSLR.

For me it's just the opposite -- the huge handling advantage of my
Panasonic DMC-FZ8 Leica super-zoom when I'm out and about lets me get
high-quality pictures I wouldn't get with my comparatively clumsy SLR
kit. (Not to mention having a lot less money at risk.) As a result the
SLR kit stays on the shelf more and more these days. "Different strokes
for different folks."

--
Best regards,
John Navas