Old November 15th 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

Default DSLR vs P&S a replay of Film vs Digital?

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 20:40:26 -0000, "Eatmorepies"
wrote in :

It's a ridiculous argument anyway. Cameras are nothing more than tools,
and both "styles" (and everything in between) have their own place in the
market. I love the flexibility I get with an SLR (digital or otherwise),
but there are times I just find it too bulky and wish I had a good pocket
camera.

Me too. But I've been spoiled by the speed of the DSLR and the quality of
the stuff from the it. I look at the output from the Canon G5 and it's good,
but the focus lag is too much too bear. When I read of a compact that has
the speed of a DSLR I may well get the wallet out.

Try the latest bridge cameras from Panasonic, which have not only superb
Leica lenses, but also near instantaneous shutter response.

And when I can get a waist level finder (pivoting screen) on a (Canon
because I have the lenses) DSLR, I will also get the wallet out.

Panasonic DMC-FZ50

--
Best regards,
John Navas