Old March 5th 09, 09:22 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Doug Jewell[_3_]

Default Film Q.

Peter Irwin wrote:
Michael Benveniste wrote:

You're right on Kodak's spec sheets, although they've been less
precise in consumer ads.

In their specifications tab B&H lists both TMAX-3200 and Delta 3200 as
ISO 3200 films. Adorama does the same.

Neither B&H nor Adorama make film. I haven't seen anything actually
from Kodak which claims 3200 as the ISO speed.

Just grabbed a box out of the fridge - here is what it says:
Front:
Kodak Professional
T-MAX P3200 FILM
P3200TMAX
Black & White Negative Film
Film Negatif Noir Et Blanc
Schwarzweiss Negativ Film
Pelicula Negativa En Blanco Y Negro

End:
Kodak Professional
T-MAX P3200 FILM
P3200 TMAX
Black & White Negative Film
Film Negatif Noir Et Blanc
135-36 P3200TMZ

The other end is the same except in foreign language.

Top
Kodak Olympic Sponsor Symbol.
T-Max P3200 Film
P3200TMAX

Bottom
36 EXP
24x36mm
CAT 151 6798
Made In USA
Finished in Mexico for
EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
Rochester NY 14650
www.kodak.com/go/professional

Back:
Limitation of Liability: blah blah blah
Expiry Date...

EXPIRY 05/2007... FLAMIN HELL!!!
I bought a pack just before my youngest kid was born to do
some nice grainy baby photos. He's now 2-1/2, and the pack
is untouched. Time to get some batteries for the film camera
and start snapping I think. I hope my developer and fixer
are still good.

In answer to the original discussion, there is nothing on
the box that actuall says "ISO 3200", although it is
certainly inferred by the repeated use of "P3200". The DX
coding on the film is 3200, if that means anything. I've
always shot it at 3200, because I like the look that it
gives at that speed. I don't know and don't care what the
true ISO rating of the film is - 3200 gives results that I
like. If I didn't want the look that P3200 gives at 3200,
I'd shoot something else.