Old August 12th 17, 08:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Where I keep my spare cats.

In article
XnsA7CBEE174B5DBHT1@dr50n7Lg2Q3UT128P02Mrd6V9H9D2 cxu7y3AkI70C48M5kGFxO.
4m50YcRx, Diesel wrote:

AV companies do NOT create malware in the hopes of being the
first to detect something in an effort to boost their sales or
their ratings with joe public or the competition. That's NOT
how it works.

except that one did exactly that, which means that it's
extremely likely they're not the only one who resorts to sleazy
tactics.

Except that the article you cited specifically stated the
'malware' was a dud. IE: bull**** file. NOT Malware. Maybe you
should re-read the material you're going to share, before doing
so.

i did not cite any article about that, nor is there an article to
cite. it's all word of mouth.

You cited an article previously discussing Kaspersky and their fake
malware sample to catch people duplicating their signature
information, actually. You confused that for supporting your
erroneous claim that AV companies produce viruses for the benefit of
their own product over that of a competitors.

it's you who is confused. that link was *in* *addition* to the claim
that an anti-malware company created malware for its own benefit, to
show that as a group, anti-malware companies have resorted and continue
to resort to sleazy tactics to increase sales.

and it ain't just anti-malware companies either. lots of companies do
unethical things to increase sales. some get caught. some don't.

you should read what i wrote more carefully before spouting.

You attempt to backtrack often, eh? How often do you get stuck while
doing so?

i'm not backtracking whatsoever.

Bull**** again. I already told you, I was on a first/last name
basis with many big players in the av/am scene while being an
active vxer. If what you wrote was ever true (and it wasn't,
not ever. Zvi Netiv and Doren Rosenthal do not count, if
that's the 'people' you know) and it isn't, I would know about
it. Hell, I might have been in on it directly or indirectly
via one of the groups I ran with.

they aren't and you weren't.

You'd never know. You didn't even know I'm a former known vxer
until I mentioned it. When I posted the rolling stone article
about me, you shut the **** up for a bit though. ROFL!

i don't give a **** about that article or any other article. you
keep mentioning it as if it's some sort of accomplishment. it's
not, nor does it impress me at all.

When I mentioned a bit about my background, you claimed bull****.
When I provided the article, and, stalker david backed me up, several
times now, you changed your tune to the above. Quite pathetic.

a rolling stone article means nothing. rolling stone is not a tech
journal. nobody reads the rolling stone for tech information, or much
else for that matter.

I didn't. But, I do have to laugh quite a bit at your arrogance.
You don't have enough first hand knowledge to support it.

you're not one to talk about arrogance.

The thing is, I can backup what I say. Where as you, heh, cannot.
That's not arrogance, btw. It ain't bragging if you can back it up.
BFG

except that you haven't backed up a single thing.

just about everything you've said, particularly about apple, has been
shown to be wrong, sometimes *very* wrong.

an amazing track record, and not in a good way.

you think you're hot ****. you're not. there's a lot you *don't*
know and you refuse to learn.

I'm not the one who thinks hes considerably more than he actually is.
I leave such horse**** thinking to yourself.

says the person who has been repeatedly shown to be wrong about all
sorts of stuff and refuses to learn *anything*.