Old January 1st 11, 10:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Nikon D7000 is made in China, CHINA!!!

On 2011-01-01 14:24:11 -0800, Eric Stevens said:

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 23:44:05 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Eric Stevens
saying something like:

The British made Merlins relied
on considerable 'British Craftsmanship' to enable the less precisely
made British Merlins to be assembled.

Exactly.
All the casting faces were 'hand finished' - what a load of cock that
was, when a decent machining job avoided it entirely.

But the British-made Merlins were considerably more oil-tight than
their trans-Atlantic brethren. I don't know how much that was due to
quality of machined surfaces vs joint sealant technology.

Eric Stevens

Where did that piece of information come from?
Sounds apocryphal to me.

Savageduck