Old December 23rd 10, 02:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Kennedy McEwen

Default Nikon D7000 is made in China, CHINA!!!

In article 2010122217493137709-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
writes
I have a feeling those RR Merlins were found, for the most part in
P-51s. So I am not sure just what proportion of Packard built Merlins
ended up in RAF aircraft. The Merlin 61 was built in the US & the UK
but used the Packard designed split head and ended up in Spitfire Mk IX
and P-51s. The later Spitfires used the RR Griffon not the Merlin.

English built Merlins came out of 3 RR plants and one English Ford
factory.

Ford at Dagenham.

Anyone recall the Ford TV advertisement in the UK from 1991, just before
the 50th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain that went something like
this?
Opening scene: a green field with a clear blue sky above. Sound of
birds and insects for a few seconds before an engine starts up and the
green field scrolls to bottom of screen, leaving blue sky and some
fluffy clouds. Then text and dead pan voice-over begins:
"Between 1939 and 1945 the Ford Motor Company supplied X (I don't recall
number) Merlin engines from its Dagenham factory for the RAF Spitfire
aircraft...
One reason why we don't say 'Vorsprung Durch Technik'."

Hilarious, but apparently there were a lot of complaints (probably from
Audi dealers) and it was quickly pulled. Occasionally look for it on
YouTube, but haven't spotted it yet. ;-)
--
Kennedy