Old January 21st 08, 01:57 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
____

Default Leitz Focomat IIa glass film holder

In article , jjs wrote:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
On 1/20/2008 4:09 PM jjs spake thus:

I am so bummed out. Dropped and scratched the double-glass film holder
for the Focomat IIa. I have never seen them FS or auction.

Damn. I feel your pain. Sorry for your loss.

Anti-Newton glass?

Anti-Newton? Ain't that a Quantum breakaway movement? Or sumthin?

Yes, one is AN glass.

Newton glass is used in the top plate only, usually the bottom is just
clear. Otherwise you'll get a weird pattern on your printing paper.

Try focal point industries in Florida- Talk with Mike-there.

http://fpointinc.com

FWIW I dropped my 150mm enlarger lens a while back - and so its in need
of serious repairs.

--
Reality is a picture perfected and never looking back.