Old August 8th 18, 03:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default New Nikon camera seen

On 8/7/2018 9:35 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Aug 7, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 8/7/2018 6:28 AM, David Taylor wrote:
On 07/08/2018 08:07, RichA wrote:
Looks ok, like a DSLR, good grip, which a lot of mirrorless lack.

https://petapixel.com/2018/08/06/nik...camera-spotted
-in-new-leaked-photos/

I find it difficult to raise much enthusiasm, to be honest. I've sold
almost all my Nikon kit, and being full-frame it's going to be almost as
bulky and heavy with its lenses as a mirrored DSLR. For my hands, the
grip on my Panasonic GX7 is good enough.

It will be good for those with a substantial lens investment, although
short-focus and wide-angle lenses may require a new purchase for optimum
use of the mirrorless body - e.g pancake - and silent operation will be
welcome (if it's offered).

Somewhere I read that the mirrorless will not have an F mount. You will
need a converter to use the old lenses. i will wait and see.

Yup! To use your legacy Nikkor glass on the new Nikon mirrorless an adaptor
is the only anwer. The new mount is large enough to accomodate a medium
format sensor. The speculation is, Nikon is dealing with FF, and MF with a
single design, and taking aim at the Fujifilm GFX50S market.

The new lenses are going to be optimized for the larger mount, and the MILC
flange distance, and are not likely to be budget lenses.

I hedged my bet. i am up on the waiting list, with the understanding
that if I don't like it, there will not be any issue. I figure that by
then the price of the D850 will drop, so it's win, win.

--
PeterN