Old July 25th 15, 11:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default If you could have any kind of camera (even non-existant ones) what would you choose?

On Sat, 25 Jul 2015 10:59:36 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Ken Hart
wrote:

SLR with mechanical shutter speed and aperature controls, along with
ASA setting (ISO I believe is a newer term.) Match needle metering
with option to switch from full screen or spot.

you could have any camera at all and you'd choose one with 50 year old
technology???

Of course.

what on earth for?

do you choose manual typewriters over computers?

Because it still works.

so do modern cameras.

there is *nothing* that a 50 year old relic can do that a modern camera
cannot do better, more accurately and more reliably and with *much*
better results.

I know what Ken Hart means. For some purposes the all singing-dancing
modern camera can get between the photographer and the taking of the
picture.

not only that, but this thread is about having any kind of camera, one
which would obviously work. why would someone's dream camera be a
camera that is broken?

But I'd leave off the match needle metering; just takes up real estate
in the viewfinder.

not really.

http://scruss.com/enterprise.net/weston/weston06a.jpg

Eric Stevens