Old July 25th 15, 11:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default If you could have any kind of camera (even non-existant ones) what would you choose?

On Sat, 25 Jul 2015 10:59:36 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Ken Hart
wrote:

SLR with mechanical shutter speed and aperature controls, along with
ASA setting (ISO I believe is a newer term.) Match needle metering
with option to switch from full screen or spot.

you could have any camera at all and you'd choose one with 50 year old
technology???

Something my way-more-than-50-year-old brain can handle. I don't use
my newer cameras often enough to remember all the new bells and
whistles.

so turn them off.

you do realize that modern cameras can be used in manual mode, but with
the advances of the past 50 years, right?

or put it in full auto and give your brain a rest. let the camera do
the grunt work like metering and focusing so you can concentrate on the
actual photo.

The "grunt work" (metering and focusing) is a part of the actual photo.

composition is part of the photo.

metering and focusing is not, and is something that a camera can do
better in nearly all situations.

Metering and focusing are all part of the art of composing a
photograph.

Eric Stevens