Old February 20th 18, 03:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default How political-correctness ruined the Pirelli calendar

Mayayana wrote:
"Eric Stevens" wrote

| N E V E R H E A R D O F S P I K E M I L L I G A N ?

Ah. British. No wonder. Sorry. We get British soap
opera junk like Downton Abbey, and fake ethnic
Irish bands singing Danny Boy, on our PBS in the US.
I guess probably because it's cheap or free. Also
because there's a weird Anglophile cult among
American self-appointed highbrow types. Anything
said in a British accent is thought to be well thought
out.

....and yet we in the USA frequently steal British programming, to produce
shows such as “House of Cards”, “All in the Family”, and “The Office”.

Then there are the very good BBC series such as “Hinterland”, and
“Shetland” which are available on Netflix and/or Amazon Prime. Add
Scandinavian series such as “The Killing”, “The Bridge”, and “Wallander”
which made it to the BBC in their original form, and made it to the US as
American productions.

But as far as I know, SM has never made it to
American TV.

Few have.

Spike Milligan was part of the British “Golden age of radio” in the 1950’s
as a writer, and performer in the “Goon Show”. Which was a radio precursor
to TV’s “Monty Python’s Flying Circus”.

At any rate, I've never seen him.

No doubt. However, he has featured in several movies, and documentaries.

I'm guessing NZ probably has more crown influence.
(What about NZ TV? Aside from Nicole Kidman I'm
not aware of any NZ media influence.)

Kidman is Australian, not a Kiwi.

If it's any consolation, I do know about Marmite.
(No, I wasn't stupid enough to try it. We Americans
may be hayseeds, but we're not that dumb.)

Savageduck