Old September 28th 09, 01:27 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Sheehy

Default Math question - sort of

Paul Furman wrote in
:

John Sheehy wrote:

The lenses are to blame for any optical issues with high densities.
The higher density *NEVER* exacerbates any lens problems.

Extreme microlenses can emphasize CA and even vignetting. I don't know
if that's necessarily proportional to pixel density but it appears to
be more of an issue.

Lower densities lower the resolution, so you see less of everything,
including subject detail.

I meant the density itself. Of course, microlenses could be poorly
designed. Even then, however, oversampling allows extemely easy and smooth
correction of CA, both from the lens, and that generated by poor
microlenses.